Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Oldest's Graduation

I know you are all dying to know how it went; being with the “other” side of the family, etc.  Well, I lived through it.  But that was the single worst night of my life.  I hope and pray the oldest didn’t see my misery; however, I’m pretty sure she did.  And I feel horrible for it, still!!  I am trying desperately to move forward.  But this is something I struggle with, moving forward.  I’d much rather evaluate and examine every thought, move and feeling from the past, as so I can learn from it.  You know what I’ve learned?  Sometimes, that just doesn’t cut it.  Sometimes, it’s better to say, I screwed that up royally, can we please just move forward?  There are so many things that went wrong that night, both personally in my own head, in my marriage with a lack of communication, and with being with the “other” side of the family.  It’s really just best not to rehash it.  I just hope I’ve learned to move on my instincts to stay home, when they tell me.  And I hope my husband has learned to keep his word, when we’ve discussed a particular situation.  Please pray for me, my husband, my marriage and my wonderful step-daughter, who left for her summer job, then off to college.  We may never see her again, and that isn’t one of my dramatic over the top exaggerations!! L

2 comments:

  1. Saying we screwed up is so hard and as a stepmom I struggle the most at admitting my faults. I want my stepmom role to be perfect and I know that can't be the case. :-)

    I am certain that down the road, you will be the only one that recalls all of detail of the day and everyone else will have put it far behind them.

    Prayers for you. :-)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet friend, I'm sorry. Let me know if you come to town so I can just give you a hug!

    www.adayinthelifeofacrazedmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete