Total Pageviews

Friday, August 3, 2012

You wanna do what???

So I posted last May regarding my new dream, stand up comedy.  I've watched, admired, laughed, and dreamed for years about it.  I only started admitting to it a few months back.  And I do get a few laughs now and then, but in a classroom type setting.  You see I'm a dance teacher (so much for being completely anonymous on this blog); a 25 year veteran dance teacher.  So I have a few "routine" jokes to get the class relaxed.  After 25 years I can deliver these jokes without too much thought or prep and at least usually get a chuckle or obligatory laugh.  Well, I've just been offered the opportunity to do a stand-up type routine for a ladies group.


HELLO
SCARED
AND
EXCITED
AT
THE
SAME
TIME.

I'm 40 years old, and I didn't even know it was possible to have those emotions at the same time.  This ladies group is at my home church of 14 years.  There are people that know me well, there are people that have never even HEARD of me.  (We go to a fairly large church with average attendance of about 1500). 

So I'd like your advice, do I do it?  Will you help me test my "material"?  Yikes!!  What if I fail??  Worse, what if I'm really good and I have to do it again??  The thoughts swimming in my head barely stay still long enough for me to carry on normal daily life.

Please help me and share your thoughts!!!

Pray for me as I continue to pray for you!!

THANKS!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment